Well, we are four days into March and #LoveBlog is officially over (although there are several prompts from the month that I missed; when I finally get to them, I’ll indicate that they are #LoveBlog). It was a great month. Here are some of the things that stood out to me, and some “lessons learned,” in no particular order:
- Writing and posting everyday is QUITE the challenge! It’s a challenge that I’m glad I took on–I’ve rediscovered a love for writing that I hope to nourish, but I don’t intend to even *attempt* to post that much on a regular basis. But it sure was fun cranking out that much content. 🙂
- If something is worth doing and worth doing well, you have to commit to it and work hard at it. This goes for any endeavor, whether it be a job, writing and blogging , or relationships.
- Reflection is SO GOOD and SO IMPORTANT. Teachers reflect a lot: on their practice, on their lessons–Heck, part of how we are EVALUATED on is how well we REFLECT. So I know reflection is good. But I don’t always apply it to the other parts of my life as I should, whether that be spiritually, in my relationship, or other things. #LoveBlog month helped me to bring that to the forefront better. Now to work to keep doing that. 🙂
- Writing is a really great way to reflect. Again, I already knew this. I used to journal all the time. But this month refreshed my memory.
- I thought a lot about the 5 love languages this month, and how they apply to my relationship with my husband, and with others. It has been really helpful to think about those things, especially being so newly married.
- All this reflection and writing about relationships really reminded me how blessed I am. I have amazing people in my life, a lot of love, and wonderful Saviour.
I think this challenge came at the right time for me. I was already considering starting up the blog again, and this gave me an excuse to do it, and a lot of great things to think about and write about. During this time of adjustment and change, it was really great to do that. Hats off to Brita for hosting the challenge; I look forward to continuing to blog, and I look forward to #LoveBlog next year!
Thank you for reading! The #LoveBlog Challenge is hosted by Belle Brita, introduced to me and co-hosted by my friend Charlene at Enduring All Things. Check out the introductory blog post for the challenge and link-up here.